Saturday, January 17, 2009
The selected artist will be announced in the 3rd Ward Publication with two-page spread and will receive:
$1,000 cash grant
1-month residency at 3rd Ward with FULL facility access
A solo exhibition in 3rd Ward's gallery, complete with a massive opening reception
Submissions will be evaluated by a judging panel: Janet Ozzard, Editor at New York Magazine, Liz Dimmitt, Curator of Gawker Artists, and Jarrett Gregory, Curator at the New Museum.
Submit your best work now. Deadline is February 11th.
January 31, 2009, 10 am–noon
GIVE INPUT: How would you save the earth's water?
How can we focus Women's Caucus for Art, WCA vision on the Women & Water Rights: Rivers of Regeneration exhibit and create new ways to conceptualize the global water crisis.
Co-sponsored by WILPF, the Women’s Caucus for Art, & the U of M in 2010.
Opportunities to create: Calls for the water themed art exhibit Feb.23-March 25, 2010. Lucy Lippard, juror and keynote speaker.
- Overview: As we celebrate our 26th year as art festival producers, we invite you to be part of our first-ever digital jury! Attached please find overviews of our 12 Chicago area festivals for the 2009 summer art festival season. Follow the instructions at www.amdurproductions.com to apply online. Jury will be the week of January 26. A jury of national museum and art professionals will review the digital submissions. Notifications on your festival status will be emailed February 9, 2009.
- Chicago Eastside Millennium Art Festival: In addition to our well known festivals like the Gold Coast Art Fair (July 31, August 1 and 2) and the Port Clinton Art Festival (August 29 and 30), we are bringing back the Chicago Eastside Millennium Art Festival (previously named New East Side Artworks) June 5-7, located on famous Michigan Avenue just one block from Millennium Park, known to be a top selling show to many such as jeweler Harry Mackie. "A great location, great crowds, and great sales, I'm glad to see this show come back" says Mackie.
- Economy: With consideration and in response to the current economic climate, we will wrap up the 2009 summer art festival season with two shows marketed to the public as places to find great art at great prices: the Joliet Last Call Art Fair, September 26 and 27, space fee $185 and the Highwood Last Call Art Fair, October 17 and 18, space fee $215. All art will be discounted at the artists' discretion. Both of these locations are on the fringes of the Chicago market area so as not to compete with our regular festivals featuring art at full prices. Both shows will be a great place to sell remaining inventory from the summer: the odd piece, the slightly bruised piece, the piece in the scratched frame. Jury fees for both shows are only $10 each
- North Shore Festival of Art: July is a great art month in the Chicago area highlighted by our North Shore Festival of Art July 25 and 26. This festival continues a long tradition of this art fair at the much loved Old Orchard Shopping Center in Skokie, Illinois. Amdur Productions took this show over in 2008. More info is at www.amdurproductions.com
- Jury Review: Those artists wishing to receive feedback on their submitted jury images may opt for a 'Jury Review' to be done by Amy Amdur in the fall of 2009. The review includes constructive comments on body of work, individual images and booth image. Cost is $50. Go to www.amdurproductions.com and hit apply now to order this service.
- If you have any questions on the jury process , our festivals, or related topics, please contact us at 847-926-4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Lennette, Alana and I are ready to take your calls Monday through Friday between 9 am and 5 pm central time.
- If you are already in process of applying, click on this link www.juriedartservices.com to log in. Your user name is clairan ferrono. If you need your password please go to the home page to request it be sent to you.
Wishing you a wonderful new year, looking forward to seeing you soon.
Amdur Productions Inc.